While we remain cautiously optimistic about our nation’s economic recovery, we are encouraged by the National Association of Business Economists’ report, which indicates continued modest growth through 2013.
Among the highlights, the NABE report makes the following predictions.
- Moderate growth is likely, although significant year over year GDP growth is unlikely;
- Damage in the northeast due to Hurricane Sandy may have been a burden to 2012 economic figures, but will be a benefit to early 2013 growth figures;
- Strong growth in residential investment is likely to continue through 2013, driving continued improvements in the housing markets and its offshoot economies;
- Improvement in the labor market; and
- Some improvement in the federal deficit between 2012 and 2013.
That last one might be a stretch, even for the experts, because making predictions related to matters solely within the control of politicians assumes that said politicians will act reasonably. And we all know what happens when we assume. Nonetheless, we look forward to continuing growth and prosperity for U.S. businesses in 2013.
Be prepared for anything this year throws at you by structuring your business transactions with the correct goals in mind, with the help of competent, experienced legal counsel. The attorneys at Glass & Goldberg are committed to helping you minimize risk and manage uncertainty before, during, and after the deal.
Glass & Goldberg provides high quality and cost-effective legal services and advice for clients in all aspects of business litigation and transactional law. Call us at (818) 888-2220, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us on the web at www.glassgoldberg.com to learn more about the firm and to sign up for future newsletters.